Poultry & Other Animals



Under Section 5.4.4 (1) (a) of the Health Local Laws 2003 an occupier of a premises located within a townsite cannot keep a rooster without written approval of the Council.

Roosters can be a nuisance to neighbours and are a source of complaint for the Shire. Residents can report a noisy rooster by completing a Noise Compaint Form.

If you would like further information about keeping roosters, poultry or large animals within the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley please refer to our Local Laws.

To obtain information on dogs & cats see Pets and Animals, or for other animals please click here.